Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Still Stashing!



Here it is the last lweek in February and I am still using yarn from my stash.  Since Jan 1st.  I have made six Prayer Shawls, four hats, and six scarves all with yarn that was hiding in the dark corners of my closet.

Some how I have managed not to buy any new yarn, not that I haven't been tempted.  This morning I almost hit that send button on an order for Premier EverSoft yarn, then I came to my senses and realized how long it was going to take me to crochet six more shawls in addition to the unused stash I already have. Almost caved in at that weak moment.

If memory serves me, I think I have enough yarn in my stash to make five more shawls and that doesn't include a couple more using Homespun.  Can you tell, Homespun is not my favorite yarn to work with.

My hooks were really busy and finished three this month.  WooHoo!



The first a Half Granny Square shawl made with Deborah Norvill's Everyday in cappichino, the second shawl is made using the Elise pattern and Red Heart Soft.  A good combination of pattern and yarn.  In fact I was so pleased with the pattern I made it again using Deborah Norville's Everday in cornflower.  You can find the Elise pattern Here.  The pattern is a free on Ravelry but you will need to sign up to be able to download.  Be sure to also download the Elise chart,  I make mine completely from the simple chart, try it you will like it.



Feeling good-------hope I can keep this up although they just opened a new Michael's in Southlake last week.  Wish me luck.

Until next time,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.