Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Pretty In Pink

                                  
                                 


The Three Triangles Shawl is a pattern I have made before and is great pattern for a Prayer Shawl as it is easy to keep on the shoulders and not too long in the back. It makes a nice shawl for someone confined to a wheelchair or to cover the shoulders while sitting in bed.

                                 

The only drawback is that it is a little boring since it is all done with double crochet.  This time I thought I would jazz it up a little by making three stripes in a variegated yarn.  I think it works.  The border came from a fellow Crocheters that I saw and Facebook, she used the border pattern from the Morning in the Meadow shawl.  I think it completes the shawl, thank you Jane O. for sharing your suggestion.



This would also work well with some color blocking as a great way to use up some of your stash.  A perfect shawl pattern for a new crocheter.

Three Triangles Shawl

Morning in the Meadow (border)
I Love This Yarn - Rosy Cheeks
Caron Jumbo - Rosewood
Hook - J
approx size  27"x 65"

Until next time, happy crocheting


BettyLou

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.