Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Easy One Skein Crochet Homespun Scarf


Because I like to make scarves for the shelter and because Homespun yarn was on sale recently at Michael's for the ridiculously low price of $3.50,  I made these fast and easy scarves that use just one skein of Homespun.


This is really a Lion Brand Yarn shawl pattern that I narrowed to make it a scarf.  The scarf can be made in a few hours which is a real bonus when you need a quick gift.

As you can see, I couldn't buy just one skein of Homespun when it was on sale, so made a few more scarves.  These will all go to the shelter.  This is the way I did it, give it a try and maybe you'll be inspired to make scarves for a shelter near you.

ONE SKEIN HOMESPUN SCARF


1 skein Lion Brand Homespun yarn
M hook, (Susan Bates metal works best for me with Homespun)
Yarn needle to weave in ends

Loosely Chain 17

Row 1
Work hdc in third stitch from hook
Work hdc in each chain to end (15 hdc)
Chain 2, turn

Row 2

Work hdc in each hdc of previous row (15 hdc)
Chain 2, turn

Repeat Row 2 using all the skein or to desired length.  Count your stitches often to make sure you haven't skipped or added an extra stitch.

Weave ends in and your finished.

Until next time,


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.