Sunday, June 1, 2014

A New Pattern, I Like it!



I'm the first to admit that I am an amateur at crochet.  The first shawls I made were all the same pattern, one that I had used for years for baby blankets.  Anyone remember the pattern on the old Jamie yarn package?  In an effort to increase my skills and get out of my comfort zone, I am trying new patterns.

This last shawl pattern is a real winner with me, I liked making it and especially love the color.  Color is so important when your working, and if I choose a color that appeals to me it makes working on the project so enjoyable.  For this shawl I used Red Heart Soft in Teal, my new favorite color.  Also made the shawl a little larger and used four skeins rather than the two that the pattern called for..  You can find the pattern Here.

Remember, yarn is cheaper than therapy.


Betty Lou