Monday, December 1, 2014

Elise

Last week there were four ufinished projects in my basket, this weekend between football games (go Ohio State) and a little Christmas decorating, I finished two.  One is a Christmas present so I can't show that just yet and the other a Prayer Shawl.  Eighteen Prayer shawls completed since last November. WooHoo



I saw this pattern on Raveley called Elise and it was made with fine thread and not really useful for a Prayer Shawl.  Then I saw a picture of one made with knitting worsted and it gave the shawl a completely different look.  Love it, it's a simple enough pattern and it was charted, love those crochet charts. The shawl will fit a rather tall lady as it dwarfs my 5' 2" frame.


Maybe with the help of Santa's elves I might be able to finish another project or two in my basket




Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Hello Betty Lou,
    I am so excited for your endeavor of completing all the prayer shawls over the last year! They are truly beautiful and are a blessing to others. I participate in a prayer shawl ministry through my church and am so happy I ran across your site-thank you for the inspiration! And you must be proud that you used yarn from your stash :) It tickled me reading about your resisting temptation to buy more yarn. We yarnie's all seem to have that going on! Thanks again for sharing your lovely work, Shawne
    p.s. I, too, have the wrapped in warmth shawl pattern. Went looking for the Elise one on ravelry, but the only one I found was a Dutch pattern-was this the one you used? It has a small stitch diagram...Would you mind replying with the actual pattern link or more info for me to search ravelry some more? Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments.