Friday, December 12, 2014

The Gathering


Yesterday I was with seven of my best friends for our annual Christmas Gathering luncheon hosted by Carolyn in her lovely home.  Spirited conversation, delicious food, and of course a little Christmas exchange was enjoyed.  Our quilt bee, known as the Cut-Ups, are not only wonderful friends that meet twice a month but outstanding quilters. We share in each other's joys and sorrows but also get in plenty of lighthearted conversation and laughter.  I always look forward to being around them.

We first enjoyed wonderful salads, scones, cheese bread sticks, and Christmas Bark and then some wonderful desserts, of course all calorie free.


Cynthia, Peg, and I waiting patiently to open our gifts
Martha, Sharron, Adrienne, and Cheryl enjoying some yummy desserts

Peg slicing her delicious Lemon Tort with Carolyn looking on.



This year we decided to simplify and instead of exchanging small quilts we all made potholders. Of course no party would be complete without a game, so as Carolyn read a story from "The Quilters,"  each time she said the word quilt, quilting, or quilter, we passed our bag to the right.  When she finished her charming short story we opened the gift that was in front of us. Every one was delighted with the original potholder that they received.  I received a beautiful pot holder from Martha that is so pretty, I will use it as a Mug Rug on my side table. Perfect size to hold a cup of tea and a cookie or two.

Since I have not been in the quilting mood lately,  I crocheted two Magic Potholders and sweet Sharron received them.  You can find the Magic Potholder pattern here.


And here we are------The Cut-Ups

Until next time,
MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.